The post describes the setup for gedit to get most out of it for C++ development.
Activate gedit plugins using
Edit → Preferences in gedit.
Smart indentation plugin for C/C++/Java
The Ubuntu package gedit-plugins including an embedded terminal
to get an integrated terminal, get the package gedit-plugins. This is a set of plugins for gedit containing:
- Bookmarks: Easy document navigation with bookmarks
- Bracket Completion: Automatically adds closing brackets.
- Character Map: Insert special characters just by clicking on them.
- Code comment: Comment out or uncomment a selected block of code.
- Color Picker: Pick a color from a dialog and insert its hexadecimal representation.
- Draw Spaces: Draw Spaces and Tabs
- Join/Split Lines: Join several lines or split long ones
- Session Saver: Save and restore your working sessions
- Show/Hide Tabbar: Add a menu entry to show/hide the tabbar.
- Smart Spaces: Forget you're not using tabulations.
- Embedded Terminal: Embed a terminal in the bottom pane.
get it with:
sudo aptitude install gedit-plugins