sudo apt-get install python-software-properties sudo add-apt-repository ppa:freenx-team
As long as
oneiric is not in the list of http://ppa.launchpad.net/freenx-team/ppa/ubuntu/dists/ you have to tell your packages sources to download and install the packages for lucid 10.04:
sudo sed -i 's/oneiric/lucid/g' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/freenx-team-ppa-oneiric.list
sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list.d/freenx-team-ppa-oneiric.list sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install neatx-server
- This is a follow-up of https://blog.philippklaus.de/2010/08/nx-server/
- neatx: http://code.google.com/p/neatx/
- NeatX alternatives (as neatx is abandoned) as presented here:
- winswitch, like x2go, uses the same "x11 libs" (nxcomp/nxagent/nxproxy) but a different protocol to control sessions.
- xpra is similar to NX and provides remote seamless sessions - it is actively maintained. (winswitch is its gui if you want one)
- x2go is similar to NX but is not compatible with its server/client apps.