|[fix] “Write failed” and “Write to restore size failed”||German Tax ID – Calculate the Check Sum using Python/ Steuer-Identifikationsnummer – Prüfsummenberechnung mit Python|
The REINER SCT cyberJack RFID komfort is a smartcard and RFID card reader popular in Germany as it supports the German identity card and its RFID technology. Here are my notes on the device, some tweaks and how to use it.
As of 2011-12-28 I’m having a couple of problems with the device:
- The electronic money system Geldkarte does not work right now as this needs the SECODER certification which will take some more months.
- OpenSC seems not to work with this card reader
- The OWOK loginCard that came with the device is almost useless:
- winlogin does not work with that card
- The online service mein-cockpit.de is useless as it wants to get to know my login information for other sites in clear text. This is a no go!
- The German national ID card (Personalausweis) can only be used on a very small number of websites.
- The corresponding German software tool AusweisApp is not available for Mac OS X so far.
- We will see if I will be able to access an OpenPGP card with the cyberJack.
- WebSign with Deutsche Bank (HBCI with SmartCard) doesn’t work on Windows 7:
“Auf das Chipkarten-Lesegerät konnte nicht zugegriffen werden! Bitte installieren sie ggfs. Ihr Chipkarten-Lesegerät neu.” (German error message)
- KAAN Tribank: http://ixsoft.de/cgi-bin/web_store.cgi?ref=Products/de/MACLKTRIHW.html
- KAAN Advanced: http://ixsoft.de/cgi-bin/web_store.cgi?ref=Products/de/MACLKAANHW.html
Check here for newer versions.
Mac OS X Driver
Check here for newer versions.
Command Line and Open Source Tools
pcsctest– Manpage – revealed this.
pcsc_scan– from the pcsc-tools package. Manpage – install it on a Mac – revealed this.
opensc-tool(bought Feitian PKI card)
Encrypting Data using Smartcards
- TrueCrypt (supports PKCS #11, see Security Tokens and Smart Cards in the chapter Keyfiles of the TrueCrypt Manual)
- GPG (supports the OpenPGP Smartcard v2.0)
- General / Smart Cards
- http://www.sec.ei.tum.de/en/courses/smartcard-lab/ and http://www.physical-security.org/
- Peal script to read UID via Chipcard::PCSC::Card : http://wiki.attraktor.org/RFID_pcsc
- First usage and test of the REINER SCT komfort RFID smart card reader on Mac OS X 10.7.2 using several terminal commands.
- OpenPGP-SmartCard V2.0 unter Ubuntu 10.04 (German)
- Mac OS X related
- Linux Related
- Support of SmartCards on Web Applications
- SSL authentication on WordPress: wp-cert-authentication.php
- Windows Realted
- Chipcard master, a German software to display information on different types of (German) smart cards
- VPN with tinc and IPv6 (Using OpenWrt Routers)
- Transparently Encrypt Folders with encfs
- Sketch of an Advanced HDD / Partition Setup with high availability (mdadm software raid), encryption (dm-crypt) and high flexibility (lvm volume management)
- Backup saved passwords in Ubuntu
- Get rid of an additional password prompt after Gnome login to unlock the default keyring when you changed your login password