Posts with the tag data recovery
Yesterday, my SanDisk Ultra II 240 GB solid state drive - which hosts my Arch Linux system partition - showed a lot of ata errors (in the kernel message output
dmesg). Rebooting was not possible, the system startup halted - again showing some ata failures. Very annoying!!! I was very...
Recover Files using TestDisk
Mount the partition with the lost files read only:
sudo mount -o remount,ro /dev/sdX
Install the requirements, the TestDisk suite:
sudo apt-get install testdisk
sudo testdisk /dev/sdX
- Select your disk and enter Proceed.
- TeskDisk tries to find the correct partition type. If you are sure, the...
- HOWTO recover deleted files on an ext3 file system with ext3grep
- Recover Deleted Files With foremost
- My newer blog post "Data Recovery on Linux using TestDisk"
- undo rm -r, restore data on unix.stackexchange.com