Posts with the tag git
Hub is a useful extension to make git GitHub aware.
hub introduces git to GitHub
hub teaches git about GitHub
brew install hub
You can use gitosis to allow people to collaborate on a project via git. Its a utility to allow read and write access based on SSH encryption keys. And you only need to create a single system account, not one for every contributor.
First, install gitosis:
su apt-get install gitosis
Redmine as Debian package:
- The core package is
redmine. Three packages (
redmine-*) provide correct dependencies for
- Several configurations are given as working examples in
- Explanations of how the configuration is dealt with are given in
- There is no per-instance support for plugins, but those dropped to
Manual and Up-To-Date...
- Official site and source code: http://hjemli.net/git/cgit/
- Instructions for Fedora linux: http://www.fedorawiki.de/index.php/Cgit
- Quick and easy howto for Ubuntu: http://www.codeography.com/2009/05/30/setting-up-cgit-under-ubuntu.html
Say you have a bunch of .tar.gz files, each representing a certain version of a program source code. If you want to compare their contents and see what changed, git would help a lot.
So I wrote a script that would do the work for me and create a repository for...
To install git-vim run:
cd ~/Downloads git clone https://github.com/myw/git-vim.git cd git-vim # by default, the Makefile is set up for Mac OS. If you use a different OS change it using: cat Makefile | sed "s|#INSTALL=install|INSTALL=install|g" | grep -v ginstall > Makefile # then install the plugin: make install
This will copy the following files to...