Posts with the tag measurement hardware
The Agilent U1273A is a handheld digital multimeter (DMM) with OLED Display. It has the following capabilities and specifications:
- Voltage Measuring Range DC: 30mV to 1kV
- Voltage Measuring Range AC: 30mV to 1kV
- Current Measuring Range DC: 300µA to 10A
- Current Measuring Range AC: 300µA to 10A
- Resistance Measuring Range: 30ohm to 300Mohm
- Frequency Measuring...
|The DG1022 is a function generator that I was able to test recently. It is quite cheap (390 USD in the USA), has two outputs for standard wave forms (sine, square, ramp, pulse and noise) and also supports...|
The Windows Software for the spectrometer is called "SpectraWiz".
I'm reluctant to continue working on any Python code as this spectrometer is discontinued.
- Documents: http://www.stellarnet.us/download.htm
First start of a Python module that makes use of PySerial to communicate with the Newport Power Meter 2935T-C via a serial connection:
#!/usr/bin/env python ########## Newport Power Meter 2935T-C ############# # Manual: <ftp://download.newport.com/Photonics/Power%20Meters/Archive/1935_2935-C/1935-2935_Power_Meter_User%27s_Manual_RevB.pdf> # # Settings (p.72 of the manual): # Baud rate: 38400...
update in 2014: The script from this blog post evolved into its own Python software repository on Github: pklaus/MaxiGauge. Please use that for the latest code and functionality.
I wrote a Python module for this pressure gauge controller. The module can be found on https://gist.github.com/1378695. Using the module...
One problem that I found out when trying to set the Tektronix TDS3054B up for network access is certainly a firmware bug: You can set the network adapter to get an IP address via DHCP or set it manually (the bug occurs on both). Let's say you choose to set the...
This is a 20 MS/s digital oscilloscope in the form of a PCI extension card. It is quite old.
- Product Website: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/12618
- Data Sheet: http://www.ni.com/pdf/products/us/4mi448-450.pdf
- NI's recommended replacement for the PCI-5102, the USB-5133: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/203720
- Search for the NI-Scope drivers package (currently v3.8.1) on http://www.ni.com/drivers/: http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du,ssnav:sup/q/ni%20scope/
- NI High-Speed Digitizers Help
- Online: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370592N-01/
The Newport MM4006 Motion Controller can control automated stages and stepper motors in general. It has a RS232 and a GPIB interface.
Cf. chapter 3 of the manual.
Here are the most important remote commands:
MOto switch the motor control of the MM4006 on
XXPAYYabsolute movement of motor xx to position...
|Image sensor||Wavelength sensitivity||Intensity of signal||Frame rate at full resolution||Exposure time||Spatial resolution (pixel size)|
|type 2.8 megapixel scientific CMOS||Visible||Low light||45 frames per second||20 microseconds to 10 seconds||3.63 microns|
More Technical Details:
|Imaging device||CMOS image sensor FL-280|
|Wavelength (min.)||300 nm|
|Wavelength (max.)||1000 nm|
|Active pixels||1920(H) x 1440(V)|
|Pixel size||3.63(H) x 3.63(V)µm|
LabJack sells some nice ADC/DAC, digital I/O devices with quite good Linux / Mac OS X support. The cheapest products from LabJack are the U3 devices in the versions U3-LV (low voltage) and U3-HV (high voltage).
Exodriver - Native libusb low level driver
9-pin D-type connector with the following pinout as viewed from the back of the unit (see p. 38 / 34 of the manual):
|2||Tx - Transmit (to computer)|
|3||Rx - Receive (from computer)|
This power meter from Newport has a serial RS232 and a USB connection. This page tries to find out how it's possible to talk to the device via USB. For RS232 connection, look at the blog post Newport Power Meter 2935T-C – Serial Connection via Python.
USB Connection Info