Posts with the tag websites
Debian/Ubuntu offers Cherokee packages but they are quite outdated for the stable branch. So you may want to prefer the manual installation from source.
Manual Installation From Source
The easy way of installation:
wget http://cherokee-project.com/install && python install
or get the source and compile it yourself:
- The web based server administration tool Webmin includes a module for BIND http://doxfer.webmin.com/Webmin/BINDDNSServer
- WeBBind http://www.afn.org/~afn23397
- DNS Control http://r00tshell.com/dns-control.
The code is on https://github.com/jmazzi/dns-control.
- ProBIND http://probind.sourceforge.net/
- mysqlBind http://openisp.net/openisp/mysqlBind
- BIND DLZ on Rails https://github.com/kennethkalmer/bind-dlz-on-rails
- zoner http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zoner/ (TurboGears Python WebApp)
- CyberDNS http://packetcloud.net/index.php/cyberdns-bind/ (Django Python WebApp)
If you take a look at the status report page of a Drupal 7 installation on Debian squeeze you might notice that the PECL Upload Progress Library is reported to be missing. Here is how to get it installed:
su # pecl is contained in the package php-pear and needs...
The script creates two files during the backup process. One that contains all the files in...
These Modules are promising (but not all very stable yet):
- User Restrictions. Watch this module, it might be the one of choice in a few weeks for user restrictions. Alternatively ACL with Flexi Access. Per node permissions can be set. Drawback (of either ACL or Flexi...
When I programatically added most of the blog posts in this blog, I forgot to adjust the date and time of each post to its actual age. So I decided to set it via SQL directly in the database.
First I worked out a
SELECT query to filter all the entries...
- PostgreSQL 8.3
- PHP 5.2+
- Lighttpd 1.4 or 1.5
- PHP gd extension
- PHP tidy extension
To install all these:
sudo aptitude install postgresql-8.3 php5-cgi php5-cli php5-pgsql lighttpd imagemagick tetex-bin tetex-extra gs-gpl php5-gd php5-tidy php-pear file git-core
Installation of Wikidot
cd ~/Downloads wget http://www.wikidot.org/local--files/debian-packages/wikidot_0.90_all.deb sudo dpkg -i wikidot_0.90_all.deb
if it complains about missing packages...
For an up-to-date version of the information about the gedit Markdown plugin go to the new blog post Markdown for the Gedit Text Editor on Ubuntu 11.04.
If you frequently have to create Markdown documents, you might want your text editor of choice to support you. M Fleury developed...
wget -m -k -K -E http://example.com/
If this command seems to run forever, there may be parts of the site that generate an infinite series of different URLs. You can combat this in many ways, the simplest being to use the -l option to specify...
sudo apt-get install lighttpd
The webdocuments root folder is
Refer to the ubuntugeek.com site for more features (php etc) .
change ownership of /var/www in order to be able to put files there as normal user
sudo chown philipp /var/www sudo chgrp philipp...