Posts from 2011-09
Install the most important packages using:
sudo apt-get install texlive texlive-latex-extra
optionally also install some German language support packages:
sudo apt-get install texlive-lang-german
If you want the full TeX Live system:
sudo apt-get install texlive-full
- Official Ubuntu Help: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LaTeX#TeX_Live
- Ubuntuusers Wiki: http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/LATEX#TeX-Live (German)
- Package Search for TeX Live: http://packages.ubuntu.com/texlive
I do not particulary like SVN but sometimes I have to use it. The diff output on the Mac OS X command line usually is not colored which is annoying. The solution is to tell SVN it should use
colordiff instead. You can easily install colordiff using homebrew:
Picasa-Downloader – A simple Python script to get the normal size images
pip install BeautifulSoup cd ~/Downloads wget https://raw.github.com/anoopjt/Picasa-Downloader/master/picasa_downloader.py
Pycasa – capable of downloading full size images
This open source software includes a GUI. It relies on PyGTK and it is therefore difficult to get it to work with Mac OS...
flickcurl is a library to access the Flickr API via C.
On Debian/Ubuntu simply install libflickcurl-dev:
sudo apt-get install libflickcurl-dev
or get the latest dev version:
sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libgcrypt11-dev libgnutls-dev libgpg-error-dev libraptor1-dev libtasn1-3-dev libxslt1-dev raptor-utils cd ~/Downloads git clone git://github.com/dajobe/flickcurl.git cd flickcurl ./autogen.sh make sudo make install
With FUSE - The Filesystem in Userspace you can mount all different kinds of remote / local filesystems on you Linux/Unix/Mac computer. Here are some implementations of interesting FUSE filesystems:
- SSHFS https://blog.philippklaus.de/2011/07/sshfs-on-mac-os-x-10-6-8-with-fuse4x/ works great!
- Encrypted Filesystem https://blog.philippklaus.de/2011/12/transparently-encrypt-folders-with-encfs/ works well!
- PicasaFUSE https://github.com/jonathanverner/picasafuse
- FuseFTP in Perl https://github.com/marcust/fuseftp
- ZFS-FUSE http://zfs-fuse.net/
- FlickrMS https://github.com/patrickjennings/FlickrMS
The Windows Software for the spectrometer is called "SpectraWiz".
I'm reluctant to continue working on any Python code as this spectrometer is discontinued.
- Documents: http://www.stellarnet.us/download.htm
First start of a Python module that makes use of PySerial to communicate with the Newport Power Meter 2935T-C via a serial connection:
#!/usr/bin/env python ########## Newport Power Meter 2935T-C ############# # Manual: <ftp://download.newport.com/Photonics/Power%20Meters/Archive/1935_2935-C/1935-2935_Power_Meter_User%27s_Manual_RevB.pdf> # # Settings (p.72 of the manual): # Baud rate: 38400...