Posts from 2012-04
I found an interesting plugin called IntranetSubNetwork on the Piwik trac ticket #1054. I was thinking that this would be perfect to adopt it to my needs to determine between IPv4 and IPv6 users on my site. Those needs were already specified in a feature suggestion for Piwik.
I needed an easy way to switch power outlets on and off remotely. So I bought a Koukaam NETIO230A and wrote a Python module to communicate with it via TCP. Now I added a Bottle based web app written in Python that uses that class to...
This is largely based on http://unquietwiki.com/tinc_quagga_ipv6.html.
Enabling Quagga and Its Daemons
The installation of Quagga and ospf6d is different on Debian/Ubuntu and on OpenWrt systems. The configuration files can be the same (in structure).
/etc/quagga/daemons (Debian/Ubuntu systems)
zebra=yes bgpd=no ospfd=no ospf6d=yes ripd=no ripngd=no isisd=no
Configuration of OSPF6d
password PASSWORD !! adapter setup : <span...
The Huawei E352s-5 is being marketed as web'n'walk Stick Fusion III by German Telekom. This blog post describes how to use it on Linux systems with the distributions Ubuntu and OpenWrt.
The Features First
- Supported Modem Standards: HSPA+, HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS
- Highest speeds with HSPA+: up to 21 MBit/s download and...
I used the built-in SD card reader to install Arch Linux from an SD card. The Arch Linux Wiki holds quite a few comments on what to take care of on the EEE PC 900.
The next steps were:
- I upgraded to Grub2 (Yes, Arch Linux still uses Grub...
This is my collection of links on the subject:
- On Wikipedia: Telekom Entertain
- 2009-06-15: openwrt statt speedport
- 2012-03-24: Entertain mit openWRT / VLAN7/VLAN8 / Speedport-Alternative (backup on pastebin)
- 2012-04-14: changes to make the Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H support Telekom T-Entertain
- Getting IPTV to work:
Let's suppose you have a device that has remote logging capabilities like the Switch TL-SG3210. In this case you may want to set up a machine on your local network to receive these log messages and store them permanently.
On Linux you have the choice between rsyslog and <a...
|400 MHz ARM9E-JS||64MiB||128MiB|
The Radio has a two-way, bi-amplified mono speaker. The operating system is SqueezeOS.
Software Alternatives to the Logitech Hardware
What you have to do:
- Remove the staples of your leaflet.
- Create a new folder for your images to scan.
- Scan the batch of leaflet pages as PNG image files.
- First scan the outer pages starting with the cover.
- Then scan the inner pages starting with the cover.
- Run the script
convert.sh(see above) in the...
iperf can help you test the bandwidth of your network setup via a TCP connection:
# On one computer: iperf -s -w 2M -i 1 -p 2222 # On the other computer: iperf -c the.one.computer.local -w 2M -i 1 -p 2222
Or test via UDP (be careful,...
Product Name: JetStream™ 8-Port Gigabit L2 Lite Managed Switch with 2 SFP Slots
Product Code: TL-SG3210
This is a cheap 8-port Gigabit switch if you consider its capabilities. It can be configured in many ways via the web interface or (in an automated way) via a CLI interface (Telnet / SSH like)....