Posts from 2015-04
Commands you enter on the Linux command line are valuable.
They are part of your computer knowledge, you should remember them. If you don't,
[Ctrl]-[r] will come to your rescue to search your Bash history for commands you entered in the past.
But your Bash is forgetful by default. Only the very...
- Win 8 / 8.1: http://www.arduined.eu/ch340-windows-8-driver-download/ (or local mirror)
- Win 7: http://www.arduined.eu/ch340g-converter-windows-7-driver-download/ (or local mirror)
- Linux: The driver is called ch341 and it is part of the Linux kernel: drivers/usb/serial/ch341.c
opkg install kmod-usb-serial-ch341
I paid £30.00 for the Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem on Amazon UK.
It has a TS9 antenna connector (source).
There's an Android app to control/monitor it: HUAWEI Mobile WiFi 3
- Default address: http://192.168.1.1/html/home.html
- Username / Password:
The website of the router makes extensive use of...
Gramps is a very versatile desktop software to do genealogical research. The software is open source, works on all major desktop operating systems and has a great community. It resides at https://gramps-project.org/.
Its Wikipedia article is also very interesting!
Starting Gramps in a language different to your operating system language
My operating system...
perlbrew is a one-liner:
curl -L http://install.perlbrew.pl | bash
Add this lines to your
To get a stable perl distribution, do:
perlbrew install stable
To use it, run:
perlbrew list perlbrew switch perl-5.20.2
To upgrade to the latest stable Perl distribution at a later point:
The Rohde & Schwarz HMC 8043: A 3 channel power supply 0-32V, max. 3A, 100W.
- Total output power: 100W
- Maximum current per channel: 3A for HMC8043
- Half-19″ form factor, rack mountable
- FuseLink, FuseDelay, EasyArb, EasyRamp
- LXI, LAN, USB (TMC and virtual COM port)
- Data logging directly to flash drive (csv file)
The default ports are:
- Raw TCP:...